Focus on Microscopy 2022
Porto, Portugal, Sunday April 10 to Wednesday April 13, 2022
We would like to announce FOM2022, the next conference in the FOM series. FOM2022 will take place in Porto, Portugal, from Sunday April 10 to Wednesday April 13, 2022. Please note that this will be in the week before Easter 2022. At this point, we are optimistic that the COVID-19 situation will again allow an in-person meeting.
|Opening submission of abstracts||Wednesday, October 27, 2021|
|Deadline for the submission of abstracts||Tuesday, January 25, 2022|
|Acceptance of contributions, draft program on the web||Thursday, February 17, 2022|
|Deadline for early registration||Thursday, March 10, 2022|
|FOM2022 Conference||Sunday, April 10 - Wednesday, April 13, 2022|
|Easter Sunday 2022||Sunday, April 17, 2022|
FOM2022 continues a long-standing (since 1988), yearly conference series on the latest innovations and developments in (optical) microscopy and their application in biology, medicine, and the material sciences.
The Porto conference will start on Sunday morning April 10 with free tutorials, followed by parallel sessions, Flash poster presentations and a plenary opening session with invited speakers at the end of the afternoon. The first day will be closed with a welcome reception. The tentative program will be available later this year, and can be found under "Program" on this web site. A guided walking tour of the sights of Porto’s historical center and a conference dinner are planned after the closing of the conference on Wednesday, April 13th.
The FOM2022 Porto conference venue:
Centro de Congressos da Alfândega do Porto
Rua Nova da Alfândega
Edifício da Alfândega
4050-430 Porto, Portugal
If you wish to be kept informed on updates, please subscribe to the Focus on Microscopy email newsletter by filling in this form.
Theory and practice of confocal and multiphoton-excitation microscopy
- Super-resolution, nanoscopy imaging: from PSF engineering (4pi, SIM, STED), fluorescence activation/quenching, stochastic/centroid (PALM, STORM, GSDIM, SOFI and related techniques) to TIRF
- 3D and 4D live cell and tissue imaging
- Adaptive optics for microscopy
- Light sheet microscopy
- Phase/interference based microscopies
- OCT, holography, endoscopy
- Advanced fluorescence imaging/spectroscopy: FRET, FRAP, FLIM, FCS, SOFI
- New fluorescent probes, proteins, quantum dots, single molecule imaging
- Clearing and expansion techniques
- Coherent non-linear microscopies: SHG, THG, SFG, CARS
- Multi-dimensional fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy imaging
- Correlated microscopies e.g. light/electron
- Laser manipulation and tracking, photo-activation
- Fast acquisition, automated and high-content microscopy
- 3D image processing and visualization for multidimensional data.
A technical exhibition will be an integral part of the upcoming FOM conference. Detailed information about the previous FOM conferences of the last 20 years can be found on this website under the “History” button. From 2004 onwards also with one page abstracts of the presented contributions. Please note also the "Search FOM database" button for full searches through the whole FOM archive over the years.
Welcoming you to Porto for the FOM2022 conference and exhibition, the FOM2022 organizers:
- Paula Sampaio, University of Porto, Portugal
- Hans Gerritsen, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Fred Brakenhoff, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The FOM2022 conference incorporates the:
35th International Conference on 3D Image Processing in Microscopy
34th International Conference on Confocal Microscopy
The tutorials presented at FOM2021 are now available on our YouTube channel
The Focus on Microscopy organization is committed to providing equal opportunities and fair treatment for all, regardless of gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. We are dedicated to complying with all relevant laws applicable in relation to discrimination on any of these grounds. We actively seek to advance gender equality throughout our activities, and through a special Inclusivity Committee.
Note: All images on this website credit: “CC BY-NC-ND“ Associação de Turismo do Porto e Norte, AR